Setting break points

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Mon Nov 17 10:37:10 UTC 2003

Am 17.11.2003 um 11:01 schrieb Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com:

> There is a breakpoint package available from SqueakMap
>
> http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/07469ced-289a-4b6f-bd17
> -27ec567e
> 681a
>
> You can easily install it from within Squeak using the Package Loader.
> After installing the package you will notice a new menu item in
> the context menu for method panes ("Toggle break on entry").
> This will insert a "break" at the top of the method - so you have a
> "break
> on entry" functionality.
>
> But currently there is no breakpoint support for
> a specific line in a method like you have in other Smalltalks
> (like VisualWorks). This may change in the future.

Question: I was thinking about doing a new changeset for this
that integrates a bug-fix that Brent sent to the list some tome ago.

While doing this I'd like to rename some method categories.
The question is: Should I make a real PackageInfo package,
or rather make a changeset with everything nicely categoriesed
for beeing part of the debugger ?

So the question is: Do we want to incorporate this in the debugger
(and thus make it part of the BaseImage) or should this be a standalone
package?

     Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de