Setting break points

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Nov 17 21:15:33 UTC 2003

> > Same difference ;-)
>
> Not entirely - MethodWrappers is an extra package with some
> pretty ugly code, ObjectsAsMethods seems to Just Work now that
> VM support is there.

Yeah, I guess so (i.e., that was the first half of the motivation to "do it
right").

>   Also, ObjectsAsMethods has surprisingly little overhead - I measure
> about 30-40% slower than a normal CompiledMethod, whereas I remember
> MethodWrappers having much more than that.

And being efficient was the second half ;-)

> BTW, the counterpart I wanted was CompiledMethod>>run:with:in: ...
> IIRC there was some prim introduced for the BC Compiler that would
> make that easy?

Yes. It's #primitiveClosureValue[WithArgs:] (186/187). It's present in the
3.6 VMs too. Anthony can tell you exactly how to use it (I don't quite
remember).

Cheers,
  - Andreas