Putting squeak in business.

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 17 22:25:48 UTC 2003

Hi Jecel,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 06:28:27PM -0200, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:
> While my focus is exclusively on Brazil, I am more than happy to work
> with people in other countries who would like to have such a product
> (or something similar).

I'm very interested in such things for a variety of reasons, although
I don't currently have the time and energy to focus on it (in a few
years...).

One of my problems is that I'm a graphics geek... even if we can
somehow manage to replace the CPU + software VM with an FPGA VM
implementation, how would we replace the GPU?  Or could we still
interact with commodity GPUs?  I recall a message from you some time
ago that revealed that you have put a significant amount of thought
into graphics on your type of system.  Have your thoughts changed at
all now that we have GPUs with their own assembly languages?

Best,
Joshua