Newbie fonts

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Tue Nov 18 05:43:43 UTC 2003

  Hello,

> I'm trying to write Hebrew in squeak, using all type of Fonts (NativeWinFont, accuFont, ttf). I can produce all letter
> except one: U+05E0 (in Unicode) it's N in Hebrew. I'm using windowsXP. The same effect can be produce by copping from
> "Character Map" and pasting it to workspace in squeak it's appearing as space.
> I can't figure up what is the process from keying something to display it in squeak.

  Wow.  Can you elaborate what you did a bit more?

  What version of Squeak do you use?

  When you say you can produce, what exactly does it mean?  See the
rendered glyph in someway?

  What is the Character Map (is the the Windows application?)

  What do you see when you evaluate:
    '$'<your character> asciiValue
  or if it is possible?

  I'm so curious.  Please let me know.