[TFNR][REPORT]Where are we?!

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Tue Nov 18 15:56:33 UTC 2003

Hi Goran,

> I simply don't want it encoded inside the package release because it
> would still force me to do a new release if I need to change that
> information. I think this is just a "tool/UI issue". Associating a
> default config to the release will be catered for in the UIs.
Ok, I just want to have some kind of entity which
"serves as the complete egg" and which is easy associated
with the package I am interested in.

And the easiest association I can think of is "sameness".

If the UI fools me to have this, it is ok for me.
If I want to install SmaCC Development, I usually don't
want to know that this requires the RB.

So some developers might be interested in the "naked"
SmaCC Development, but I strongly believe that the end
user thinks and should be able to think in terms of the
whole enchilada, when he thinks "package".

> Putting it inside the package only works for the package formats that
> "support" that. SM handles packages in a variety of formats. I don't
> want to invent different ways of embedding this into these formats.

I thought we wanted to establish a new, maybe better standard now?
There are also Projects on SM, and they will be certainly difficult to
enhance.

Regards,

Markus