ProcessBrowser

Michael Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 23:13:09 UTC 2003

Just two quick questions on the ProcessBrowser.

Has anyone noticed that it is broken in 3.7?  I can't get mine to work and I had a quick search of the list archives and BFAV to see if this had come up.  I might have missed someone mentioning this?

Some how, the system window and its pluggable parts get a SyntaxError as the model.

I am trying to find out why this happens, but I was wondering if the process browser is something that can be debugged normally?

I do a debug-it on ProcessBrowser new openAsMorph

It seems as I step through the methods I keep on getting new instances of its system window opening in the world.  The debugger also sometimes doesn't always honour the step button and I end up in BlockContext>>on:do: with the last line highlighted.  This seems strange.  I haven't ever seen this before, but that isn't really saying anything.

the call stack is
BlockContext>>on:do:
BlockContext>>ensure:
ProcessBrowser>>openAsMorph

with the following code highlighted in openAsMorph

window
		addMorph: ((PluggableListMorph
				on: self
				list: #stackNameList
				selected: #stackListIndex
				changeSelected: #stackListIndex:
				menu: #stackListMenu:
				keystroke: #stackListKey:from:)
				enableDragNDrop: false)
		frame: (0.5 @ 0.0 extent: 0.5 @ 0.5).

This doesn't seem to be a valid stack?  So I'm stumped!

So just some quick questions before diving into it further.  Sorry if I've missed something obvious.

thanks

Mike