[TFNR][REPORT]Where are we?!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Nov 21 09:48:40 UTC 2003

ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> On Mercredi, nov 19, 2003, at 09:44 Europe/Zurich,
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>
> > ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> >> Hi goran
> >>
> >> This morning I was asking myself a question (you know doing boring
> >> exercise to try to get muscle
> >> let your mind wandering ;)
> >>
> >> will I be able to send to somebody a package alone? for example for my
> >> book I cannot assume that
> >> school have a net connection?
> >
> > Well, depends on what you want to do.
>
> Simply give application to people that are complete.

Seems to me that you can do several things:

1. Include a partial package cache on the CD (with the stuff you want
them to be able to install) and a map. You could even put together a
"special" map just for them that only includes the stuff you want them
to see - including stuff not up on the SM on the Internet. And you would
typically have load scripts for loading "bundles" from this cache.

2. Produce a SAR which includes everything you want including logic to
install it into the image and put it on the CD.

And there are surely more ways to do it. :)

regards, Göran