BFA

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sat Nov 22 06:18:16 UTC 2003

Thanks to all who replied to this.

I understand why *sqfixes* is organized the way it is (one entry per
thread,) but my concern is about BFAV, whose requirements seem very
different.

Since the life's blood of BFAV is to show the content of entire
threads concerning bugs and fixes on the squeak-dev mailing list,
having BFAV be incompatible with the universal email practice of
affixing "RE:"-style prefixes to the subject lines of email replies
has always seemed an unfortunate choice.

This would seem to imply that sqfixes is a flawed choice as a feed for BFAV.

(I would have thought that selectively feeding directly off a
squeak-dev  archive would have made more sense, but I suppose that
for some reason "it's not that simple.")

In any case, Brent's reply concerning BFAV2 is very encouraging ;-)

Cheers,

  -- Scott