Focus-follows-mouse and pass-window-activation-click

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Nov 23 20:40:40 UTC 2003

Hi Cees,

> Thanks for the snippets. Why do you think that passing the click on
> stinks? Just curious, not argumentative...

I think for me it's mostly the lack of keyboard control for switching
between windows - if there were a good way of doing this I'd use clicks much
less and likely be more happy with passing the click through then. However,
as it stands the majority of cases where I click on windows are merely to
bring them up to the front and in this situation I don't mean to change
anything, not even accidentally. And having to hit precisely the title area
(or actually: the label area because there are buttons in the title frame)
or finding a known-not-to-be-problematic area is just too much for me to
think about if I want to be efficient. So, yeah, let's put it like this: My
primary choice would be keyboard navigation between windows, in their
absence I'd rather prefer clicks not to change anything in the window.

Cheers,
  - Andreas