Problem with SqueakMap

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Nov 23 21:11:48 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 23 November 2003 8:25 am, shaffer-squeak at cs.westminster.edu wrote:
> > My development image is kicking out an error dialog every time I try
> > to "upgrade all installed packages".  I traced it through to
> > SMSqueakMap>>installedPackages which throws an exception at "cards at:
> > k"...presumably I'm missing a card for one of my installed packages.
> > Anyone know how that could happen and how I can get the card back?
> > The package which is missing a corresponding card is:
> >
> >  an UUID('9b4a3faa-d342-4da8-8c3a-9a237bcea64d')
>
> Have you tried just hitting the Proceed button on the pre-debug window?
>
> Sometimes packages get removed.
>
> This particular package is (I believe) the SqueakMap package itself, which has
> been replaced by the SqueakMap2 package.

Eh, well - only if you have tried installing SqueakMap2 of course. :-)
No, this package seems to be the "Comanche for 3.6" that Avi posted and
now has deleted.
I found it on the beta SM2 server:
http://anakin.bluefish.se/sm/package/9b4a3faa-d342-4da8-8c3a-9a237bcea64

Since that server was migrated a few days ago it is still there.

So, this means that the old SM1.x (which you must be using because there
should be no mentioning of "cards" in SM2 - I renamed it all to
"packages") has a bug. And probably SM2 too.

The bug is that the "upgrade all installed packages" doesn't take into
account that a package can actually have been deleted. I will fix this
in SM2.

regards, Göran