Problem with SqueakMap

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Sun Nov 23 22:27:47 UTC 2003

goran.krampe at bluefish.se writes:
 > Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:
 > > On Sunday 23 November 2003 8:25 am, shaffer-squeak at cs.westminster.edu wrote:
 > > > My development image is kicking out an error dialog every time I try
 > > > to "upgrade all installed packages".  I traced it through to
 > > > SMSqueakMap>>installedPackages which throws an exception at "cards at:
 > > > k"...presumably I'm missing a card for one of my installed packages.
 > > > Anyone know how that could happen and how I can get the card back?
 > > > The package which is missing a corresponding card is:
 > > >
 > > >  an UUID('9b4a3faa-d342-4da8-8c3a-9a237bcea64d')
 > >
 > > Have you tried just hitting the Proceed button on the pre-debug window?

Well, I don't get such a window (no SqueakMap2...I'm not that
adventurous).  I just went into installedPackages and removed the
dictionary entry.  Not sure what the future repercussions will be.  As
per Avi's response I installed the newer Kom stuff.  I'm not using it
much in this image so that didn't seem particularly risky (installing
the new Comanche over the older one, that is).  That way as far as SM
is concerned the only Comanche I have is the newer one.  Everything
seems to be working fine in PackageLoader right now.  Here's keeping
my fingers crossed...

David