[UPDATES] 18 for Squeak3.7alpha

dway at riskmetrics.com dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Nov 24 06:40:50 UTC 2003

The latest batch of approved items.

This includes the SmaCC compiler runtime.  Because SmaCC is under the
MIT license, we treat the version on SqueakMap as the master copy so
that we can keep track of its source code.

- Doug

------------------------------

5549SmaCCRuntime -- Marcus Denker -- 14 November 2003
These classes are needed to run SmaCC-genrated compilers.
SmaCC is now MIT-Licensed (thanks to John Brant and Don Roberts!), thus
this now can be part of Squeak Base. The next Compiler (Anthony's or
something really close to that) will be build using SmaCC. Thus we need
the SmaCC Runtime be part of the Image.
I (md) vote for adding all the needed stuff step-by-step, thus making
it all simpler. This is the first part of the future Compiler, next
will be Anthony's GeneralEnh-ajh.1.cs, then I guess I'l look into his
nice symbolic Squeak-Bytecode Assembler IRBuilder, after that the RB-AST
(which is now MIT-Licensed, too), and so on.
This fileout it identical to the SAR-Package on SqueakMap, ported
and maintained by Markus Gaelli. I (md) just changed the Class-Category
to be SmaCC-Runtime"

5550DecomplMissingVar-ajh -- Anthony Hannan -- 15 November 2003
Block temps were not showing up in decompiled encoders and thus not
showing up in debugger context frame for do-it methods.  This fixes
that."

5551iconMangt-sd -- stephane ducasse -- 9 November 2003
some tools to manage icons and a new set of icons that are all 16 at 16. I
did a major pass to make the icons a bit more homogenous one if the idea
was to try to repeat the rounded part of the window buttons> I also fix
some of the icons access methods to follow the same patterns some query
were not using nameIcon. hence they were not saved by by dummy exporter
methods.
By the way I do not have more time for that.
Stef

5552TextMorphInitFix-nk -- Ned Konz -- 9 November 2003
Class initialization was causing a walkback.
This has been a bug since before 3.0, but had apparently never been
tested until another bug caused it to be called.

5553CCP001-SyntaxFix2-md -- Marcus Denker -- 16 November 2003

I just recompiled the latest 3.7a with the ClosureCompiler:
only one method didn't compile. This changeset fixes the
problem"

5554BabelMoreTranslt-dgd -- Diego Gomez Deck
<DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com> -- 16 November 2003
A small changeset that completes the biggest one already included.  With
this changeset the 3.7a and the Small-Land image got synchronized
related to translation stuff.
8 conflicts was solved. Most of them was trivial changes in
5240MCP-Complete and one, not trivial, was in
TextMorphEditor>>changeEmphasisOrAlignment

5555SyntaxErrorNotify-LC -- Leandro Caniglia -- 6 January 2002
This change set adds the exception SyntaxErrorNotification so that
syntax errors can be handled under the exception framework.
Simple TestCase included

5556CatViewFix-dgd -- Diego Gomez Deck <DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com> --
BUG: Opening a viewer of any morph debugger apears
FIX: CategoryViewer>>addNamePaneTo: was using the unexisting preference
#standardEToysFont"

5557initializeProtoFix-md -- Marcus Denker -- 18 November 2003
This changeset just moves the empty implementation of
'initialize' from Object to ProtoObject. This allows to
do a 'ProtoObject new' without getting an error."

5558MenuIconsComment-sd -- stephane ducasse -- 9 November 2003
Class comment for MenuIcons."

5559graphicalDict-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 10 November 2003
The 'GraphicalDictionaryMenu' is a tool that allows you to browse and
edit a repository of graphical images that are saved as a Dictionary.
This change-set offers a number of cleanups and enhancements to this
facility:
S  'Find again' command added.
S  'Browse symbol references' command added, to browse all references to
the key symbol of the currently-selected entry.
S  'Browse string references' command added, to track down all methods
with string literals that may refer to the currently-selected entry.
S  The tool's main menu now has a 'stay-up item'.
S  The last keyword searched for is used as the default for 'find...'
S  When there is no new match in a search, but the current item does
match that search, the tool flashes rather than claiming no match.
S  Querying the StandardScriptingSystem for a form at a given key no
longer needlessly interns the key if it's not already interned.
This version converted for 3.7a compatibility"

5560SoundCleanup -- Adam Spitz -- 1 August 2003
Some simple recategorizations to bring the sound stuff together."

5561flipHorizOrVert-mga -- Markus Gaelli -- 18 November 2003
Adds flipHorizontal and flipVertical to the viewer of SketchMorphs in
the graphics-category. "

5562Array2Dremoval-md -- Marcus Denker -- 19 November 2003
This trivial changeset just removes Array2D, as was
discussed a thousand times on the List.  I guess there is a deeper
meaning why this community is called a Smalltalk
community ;-)
Array2D was registered on SqueakMap (with no maintainer),
for those who need it."

5563CCP002-OCAtIfAbsentPut -- Marcus Denker -- 14 November 2003
This changeset adds at:ifAbsentPut: to OrderedCollection
The comment:
Return value at index, however, if value does not exist (nil or out of
bounds) then add block's value at index (growing self if necessary)
This is used by the ClosureCompiler (IRBuilder)

5564StringMorphFontEmp-efc -- Eddie Cottongim -- 22 February 2003
Fixes a bug with StringMorph that caused the text to lose its emphasis
if you change the font, and lose its font if you changed the emphasis."

5565BalloonFillFix-nk -- Ned Konz -- 26 September 2003
This ensures that the 'span' bitmap used in the BalloonEngine is wide
enough to handle the width of the display.
This fixes problems with display widths > 2048.

5566classWarnFix37-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 21 November 2003
Fixes the long-standing bug in which a spurious warning is given when
the user attempts to add a class-side instance variable to any class.
This version is suitable for Squeak 3.7; a different version has been
circulated for earlier Squeak versions."

<This automated message brought to you by the UpdateIncorporationTool.>
<See the UpdateIncorporationTool package on SqueakMap for details.>