[TFNR] Looking for maintainers!

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Mon Nov 24 16:38:00 UTC 2003

Hi Guys...

[snip]
> Volunteers?

I want to postulate myself to be the maintainer (or one of the maintainers)
of eToys and to be the "assembler" (or one of the assemblers) of the Full-
Image.

eToys:

The initial set of goals I want to push in eToys are the followings:

- Synchronize the Squeakland's image with the "big" one.  The eToys in
Squeakland's image evolved and these changes are not in the big image.

- Make eToys translatable with Babel. It means to remove the current
translation mechanism and replace it by Babel.

- Coordinate the work with "Squeaklanders" to keep the 2 versions
synchronized.

- Expand eToys to cover more morphs and more functionality.
-- Example: InternalThreadNavigatorMorph has to be scriptable from eToys to
create active essays with complex navigation flows, etc.
-- All the multimedia morphs has to be fully scriptable from eToys.

MediaSqueak (aka Full-Image):

For the Full-Image the goal is to make this distribution
the "MediaSqueak".  The full image has to include all the media stuff
available in SM (Connectors, More graphics files support, Video Processing,
TTF, etc).  Also the full image has to include all the languages available
for Babel and some good initial look&feel.

Since SqC moves away we're working to have less in the image I think we
need somebody that can take care of giving more in the full-image.

What can I offer:

Since January/2004 (or before) I'll have a full-time job with Squeak
working with the folks from LinEx project.  Just now we're using a
customized 3.5 based image (The Small-Land's one).

My plan is to combine these 2 projects and build the Small-Land image on
top of the full one.

I'd like to hear your opinions...

Cheers,

--