Can't resize VM Window on 3.6 Mac OS 10.1

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Thu Nov 27 22:52:25 UTC 2003

I've been so happy with the version of Squeak I've been using for quite a
while now that I've just stuck with a relatively old version (3.2 gamma)
and am just now starting to take advantage of some holiday time to try to
get things more current. (Hope I do not end up making a pest of myself here
in the process ...)

I downloaded the stable version for Mac OS X, and am having a problem under
10.1.5 that does not occur under 10.2 (10.2.8). [Yeah I know, I badly need
to upgrade that OS ...] I don't know whether there is still an intention to
support Mac OS 10.1, so maybe this won't be of interest, but for what it's
worth:

What I am experiencing is that in the little square at the bottom right of
the VM window, where I would expect to find the control I can drag to
resize the window, this seems to act as a "hole" in the entire VM window!
The mouse events seem to get passed straight through to the Mac OS desktop
as if there was no VM window there at all -- clicking in that little square
activates the underlying window! There doesn't seem to be a way for me to
resize the VM window under 10.1.

I don't have this problem under Squeak 3.2. Is there a preference I can use
to control this? (Things work fine on my 10.2.8 PowerBook, this seems to be
a Mac OS 10.1 issue.)

Details: Mac OS 10.1.5, Squeak 3.6 update #5424, VM "Squeak 3.6.1Beta5".

-T.i.A., Jim