Redirecting messages on the VM

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Nov 30 23:33:58 UTC 2003

"Javier Lanatta" <javier at lanatta.com.ar> wrote:

> 	For this research work I have to write a set of tools that allows
> the user to define what should be done when a given object receives a given
> message.
Well aside from the obvious suggestion of edit the method to do what you
want, the 3.6 vm has the primitive support for the idea of using any
object in place of a compiled method. Take a look on SqueakMap for a
package with a name like 'objects as compiled method'. Andreas is the
owner so far as I recall.

tim
Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.  - Leonard Brandwein