Removing sm directory works in 3.6g1 and 3.6 g2

Thomas A Petersen tpeterse at csc.com
Wed Oct 1 11:59:38 UTC 2003

Hi Goran,

[snip]
>  So sorry to hear of your loss.

Thankyou.  It was his time. My father in law is in a better place now and
is much happier.

[snip]
> Hmmm, isn't it terrible when you see people get bitten by
> a single line of code you wrote and thought "Do I need
> to check for the existence of the file AND the directory?
> Nah, the directory should do - if that is there then
> surely there must be a file in there...". Oops. :-)

I thought I was the "proud" keeper of the Oops ;-)  For what it's worth, I
know your pain.  Boundry
conditions like this lurk around to catch you when you least expect it.

[snip]
> I am fixing this now (doing lots of tiny fixes
> accumulated) and plan to release tomorrow.
> In the meantime - remove the "sm" directory
> too and try again. :-)

World | Open... | Package loader works fine if you remove
the  sm  directory.  Thanks for the tip.

You have done a really good job of bringing the spirit
of modules forward and improving it.  I'm looking forward
to seeing what you and the rest of us come up with next.

Excellent work!
thanks much
tap