List archives and distribution

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 1 16:26:46 UTC 2003

In message <1065016357.14718.7.camel at ken.mojodata.com>
          Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure that I understand.  Do you need something different from
> the Google search available at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/608 ?
I'd never heard of that one; it's a good start. It would probably be
good to add access to more advanced googling options.

If it gets popular it would be nice of the page's author to upload the
squeak logo directly rather than fetching it from my website every time
(I don't think Stanford has much of a bandwidth problem but my little
server might!).

It accesses the lists.squeakfoundation archive which could do with
being expanded to
a) cover the entire history. I _think_ we do actually have such an
archive available.
b) have better sorting; the sort by thread for example ought to only
show the threads and point to the list of messages, not have a vast
list of all the messages. It makes it very slow to load the pages.

It's great to have any of this but as always once we have some
capability we want more.

> BFAV offers searching specifically on bugfixes although currently quite
> a bit of downloading is required (Brent and I are working to improve
> that significantly soon).
Ya, I've used that and look forward to the improvements.

tim
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.