[BETA TEST] squeakmap-1_09beta

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Oct 2 09:11:35 UTC 2003

Hi all!

Picked a new tag :-) for this. This is a changeset wth all the small
fixes I have done to wrap up 1.09 of SqueakMap. Just file this in on
top. Read preamble below for contents.

I am posting this so that at least some of you will file it in and see
if some problem shows up before I make a new release of SqueakMap. In
short - I am asking for beta testers! :-)

regards, Göran

from preamble:

"Change Set:		squeakmap-1_09beta
Date:			2 October 2003
Author:			Göran Krampe

This changeset contains all fixes I have made for 1.09:
- Lots of stuff for SqueakMap Base.
- Two fixes to StandardFileStream (submitted as FIX)
- Ultra-tiny fix to MCInstaller package.
- Some fixes for SM Package Loader.

Still known problems:

- Verisigns wildcard matching for .com and .net domains can cause a
misspelled server name in a downloadUrl to cause a HTML file to be
downloaded instead of the intended file...

Fixed:

- #forPackage:directory: now throws error if no installer is found. This
affects SMSqueakMap methods #installPackageWithId:,
#installPackageNamed: and #upgradeOldPackagesDirectory: which now traps
this and informs the user. (still ignoring headless operation, will wait
until SM2)

Note that: SMLoader>>upgradeInstalledPackages doesn't catch this but who
uses that? :-). #installPackage and #downloadPackage don't either but
they aren't available in the menu unless there is an installer found to
deal with the selected package.

- Uses withBlanksTrimmed in lastTransactionInLog (makes it work better
with CrLfFileStreams I assume)
- SMInstaller generally now uses Exceptions instead of true/false logic
and callers now relies on Errors being signaled.

- Only use name resolving in SMSqueakMap class>>pingServer: in a Squeak
with version below network rewrite. The issue with proxies for older
Squeaks is thus ignored - people using proxyserver will just have to use
a 3.6 image. Ok? :-)

- Sightly smarter logic in synchWithLog (detecting missing directory AND
logfile).

- Better error handling in SMSqueakMap>>installPackageNamed: and
installPackageWithId: (typically used in scripts).

- Better error handling generally. Patch pending for SM Package Loader
so that install/download/upgrade/update map uses Exception handling
gracefully. :-)

- Improved DVS installer (that hopefully works now)

- DVS not installed in SqueakMap loadscript, MCInstaller takes it place.

- Reference in SMLoader ot selectedPackagesList removed

- More liberal use of Cursor wait in Package Loader.

- Various other small fixes not remembered right now..."!