missed fix was: RE: Idea: "Timeout" submissions?

Hernan Tylim htylim at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Oct 2 17:25:37 UTC 2003

Hi Daniel,

> > 	As a person who has sent a fix for a still current bug
> twice, and didn't
> > receive a comment in either oportunity (at least stating that my fix was
> > wrong or sucked) I have something to say.
> Let me be blunt, but don't take it personally -
> Did you review/test a fix by someone else?
> If not, why do you think it reasonable to expect that your fixes in turn
> will be reviewed in a timely fashion? If most people don't help, the
> rate of work getting done is slow.

Well, I know that you are speaking in general but I would like nevertheless
to say that I don't expect anybody to fullfill any obligation or
responsibility here. Specially the harvester (they're already doing a lot).
Here all work is done voluntarily. And for that I wasn't mad that my fixes
weren't reviewed and I think that nobody should be mad if their fixes are
missed.

> Though in the case of your specific fix, its been approved already.

which one? The fix I was talking about was
HorizScrollbarMissingLeftButton.1.cs. That cs fixes the missing left arrow
button in the horizontal scrollbars (when menu-buttons on scrollbars are
enabled). I just checked a Squeak3.6g-5423.image and didn't find it (The
only methods the cs touchs is Scrollbar>>totalSliderArea. You can see the
problem in the picture)

Regards,
Hernán