Discrete event/agent based simulation

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Oct 2 17:34:28 UTC 2003

Karl Ramberg wrote:

>Ned Konz wrote:
>

>>Use Connectors (from SqueakMap) for displaying your graphs. Soon I
>>will post version 2 of Connectors, which has a number of
>>improvements.
>>
>>The attached images are from my new work.
>>

>Nice anti-aliasing. Cant wait till more morphs/drawing support it,
>like corner rounder, polygon morph, the painting tools etc.
>
>Karl

It's now possible (with mode 34, as Andreas pointed out to me) to:
- use the AA support in the Balloon engine to do antialiased drawing
into a private Form
- render a Form into a previously cleared (as in: all 0's) Bitmap
- blit it onto the Display canvas and do a proper blend.

Unfortunately, the border highlighting is hard to get right for more
complex borders (think circles).
Balloon doesn't support complex border styles.

I believe that Andreas is using a generalized version of form
composition for things like window corners in Tweak.

I skipped adding support for filled polygons; it seemed to me that lines
and filled polygons were enough different that they deserved to be
different classes (if you look at PolygonMorph you'll see what I mean).
However, Balloon does a good job on these as long as you don't have a
complex border style.