BFAV Considered Harmful For Old Bug Reports

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Oct 3 00:27:55 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 07:57:33PM -0400, Brent Vukmer wrote:
> Yes.  The BFAV sucks :).
Noooo... ;-)

> However some significant improvement is in the
> works, namely loading the entire list of posts in a very lightweight
> way.

great! (this reminds me that we need to set up the second list: I really
don't want to sent hundreds of "closed" mails to the main list...)

> Tim's post was right on.  Filtering posts that people don't want to look
> at, grouping related posts, and presenting those groups effectively --
> that is what _really_ needs to get done.

Yes. And: It would be nice if we could somehow sort the submissions
into categories. e.g. I would like to have all the Vm-related
fixes in one category, all Scamper stuff in another, and so on....

  Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de