[FIX][KCP] KCP-0102-extractVMFromSystDict ( [er] )

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Oct 3 10:02:22 UTC 2003

Hi Goran.

I pretty much agree with the consideration you raise, and a name like
SqueakSession would fulfill that need without being overly generic.
However, using the name Squeak (completely generic) for something quite
specific and low level seems to me to be arbitrary and non intention
revealing. Nobody would see Squeak and think "hey that must be where I
check the vm parameters!". Also as I noted it is slated to have too many
responsibilities. And such things have a tendency to grow.

But as I've said to Tim, if you think its good, approve it. Really,
I don't have enough time to work with KCP on everything, that's why its
getting posted publically. I also don't claim to have the "one true
answer" - maybe you're right and I'm wrong. You're a harvester.
Participate.

Daniel