Mouse Button Tester code on swiki not quite working as expected

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Oct 4 02:14:28 UTC 2003

On Friday 03 October 2003 03:55, Lothar Schenk wrote:
> I just tried Andreas Raab's mouse button tester code on the swiki
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2332
>
> with a 3.5 image under Linux and it doesn't work quite as expected. I get
> the color change with the red and yellow buttons, but the blue button gives
> me the morph's halo instead of the color change.
>
> Lothar

Yes, this is because the blueButtonDown: handler catches it before it is given
to the event handler.

I updated the page with a note to this effect:

Well, not really... problem is that Morph>>blueButtonDown: catches the blue
button and brings up a halo first.

 If you want to see the events, you can just do this:

   HandMorph showEvents: true

 and when you're done you can do this:

   HandMorph showEvents: false