fcb-noMessages-asm ([sm][er][et] how to reproduce, etc.)

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sat Oct 4 21:12:32 UTC 2003

At 4:28 PM +0100 10/4/03, bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk wrote:
>I've tried to reproduce this bug and I can not. I'm using 3.7 #5423.
>I've both tried to create a ChangeSet and also to use the one suggested.
>Neither produces an error.

The description in the preamble is misleading, but there really is a bug here.

The bug is not dependent on whether or not there are any method
changes in the file being examined.

But it can be reproduced in *any* file-contents-browser, by the
following sequence:

(a) Make sure no class is selected.
(b) Click on the "Class" button.
(c) Click in the (empty) selector-list pane.

Alejandro's submission does in fact fix the bug.  Before accepting
it, however, it would good to make its preamble accurate, and the
code could also be tightened a little, viz:

    ^ (cls _ self selectedClass) ifNil: [nil] ifNotNil: [cls metaClass]

could be shortened to:

    ^ (cls _ self selectedClass) ifNotNil: [cls metaClass]

   -- Scott