Comanche hang on GET in ModFile if URL resolves to a directory

ar ly4aegw02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Oct 4 22:05:04 UTC 2003

The GET request that I am testing is http://localhost:9000

While processing this request my squeak image with Comanche hangs and I
cannot interrupt it.

My server is set up to do some specialized processing or else pass the
request to ModFile. When ModFile gets the above request, it forms a
pathname using the documentroot and the url path which is ''. So for
example, '/myroot/'.

It then asks StandardFileStream isAFileNamed: '/myroot'/, which answers
true. Later in the processing, in

HttpAdaptor>>writeResponse:for: it does

[...] ensure: [response destroy]

This is where the hangup occurs. I can't step into the #ensure: but
#destroy is just doing a close to the stream on the directory.

Anyone have a clue what might be going on? Should #isAFileNamed: be
returning true for a directory? This is on Squeak 3.5 and Linux.

-Alan R.