[ENH] Bare-Babel for 3.7a ( [er] A nit to fix and a question )

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Tue Oct 7 07:57:53 UTC 2003

Hi Daniel,

> - There seem to be empty comments sprinkled around the code. See
> Language>>translationFor:, for example.

These empty coments insert convenient spaces with pretty-print is used.

> - There are lots of languages included, but no translations.

The translations are outside the class in files named
LanguageName.translation.  One time the file get loaded the translation is
hold the language's singleton.  See my other post "[ENH] File services for
Babel"

> Why are we including "ghost" languages?

If we remove these languages before going with the eToys refactoring we'll
lose the already included etoys-vocabulary's translations.

We can remove them when the etoys refactoring get done.

(I tried to explain it in the changeset preamble)

> why not include a hundred more?

English is needed because it's the defualt.  For the rest see my previous
explanation.

> wheres the limit?

The sky? :-)

> Trying to understand this.

I hope this helps.

> What I thought we agreed is that
> language translations would be got from SM.

We "agreed" on it but we're goind step by step.

> It makes sense to therefore
> not include classes for any languages, as these will be loaded
> dynamically from SM on need (some of those packages might be preloaded
> in Full, but the update stream is for Basic).

This is our final goal.

> Other than those, seems fine.

Great!

Cheers,