OOPSLA

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Oct 7 08:27:54 UTC 2003

NOTE: Only 2 days left for advace registration to OOPSLA! (according to
their site)

Dan Ingalls <Dan at SqueakLand.org> wrote:
> Folks -
>
> As thoughts turn toward OOPSLA, I thought it would be good to align our chaoic processes prior to the conference (10/27-30, more or less).

Sounds like a good idea.

> Who Will be There?
> I don't know how to do this without clogging the mail list, but if you will send a message TO ME, then I will gather a list and make it known.  If someone thinks it appropriate, then put an attendance list on the SWIKI and send a link for people to sign up.  If this happens part way through, I'll put my list there.

I think a Swikipage is very appropriate - so I created one! Since people
have their ids on the minnow Swiki it will be easier for people to get
hyperlinked names there. Here is the page, please sign up there if you
are attending OOPSLA this year:

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3456

[SNIP of the bof]
> Camp Smalltalk
> Is there a plan to have one, and is there anything more to do in preparation?

AFAIK there is always a CampSmalltalk at OOPSLA - simply by spontanity :-).

Anecdote: One year (was it 2002?) I (together with someone I can't
remember right now) was going around in circles looking for it but
couldn't find it. So eventually we sat down and fired up our laptops.
After a while a few other people showed up and also sat down. After a
while somebody walked by and asked "Is this CampSmalltalk?". And I was
just about to say "No, we don't know where it is..." when we suddenly
realized that, yes, we were probably it! Eventually some sign was put
up. :-)

> Other Issues
> Anything else to bring up in preparation for a probably significant gathering?
>
> Looking forward to seeing you all there
>
> 	- Dan

Unfortunately I can't attend. But perhaps we can have a virtual
CampSqueak on IRC this year. :-) Together with you guys over there.

regards, Göran