bug track with mantis?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 7 17:13:31 UTC 2003

> > Certainly a beautiful integrated system could be developed.  But who's
> > going to do it?  And when?  We may want to improve our process
> > incrementally rather than waiting for the Ultimate Solution.
>
> Exactly. So even though I blurted out the word "Mantis" I think (at
> least I think I think :-) we should make the most of BFAV and evolve
> from there.

Does Brent read this list?

Things to do to make BFAV a good bugtracker:

	1. Don't use Squeak-list.  Put the database somewhere else.  This thing
is going to have more traffic than right now, if it gets going.

	2. Make downloads much faster.  Perhaps don't download the whole
database to each client.

	3. Mark bugs with which package(s) they are relevant to, so that they
can be browsed easily.

	4. Yes, actually do support bugs nicely, instead of just patches.

	5. Be able to merge bugs together.  Ideally, be able to merge fixes and
bugs together.

If he or anyone is up for all this work, that's great, but I wasn't sure
anyone was really working on these kind of things.

-Lex