A battle plan for 3.7? (was Re: [ENH] ParenBlinking ( [et] reposted as changeset ))

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Oct 8 12:18:19 UTC 2003

Hi all!

Now that 3.6 is out the door and the party is over (I think someone
counted 40 nicks logged in throughout the party period!) we can slightly
hungover start thinking about.... 3.7. ;-)

Yes, Marcus - one thing we should IMHO do in 3.7alpha is to go through
SM and "harvest" stuff that really should be harvested instead of being
separate packages. That was listed as a "task" in the 3.6 plan but we
never really got around to it.

I guess a little "battle plan" for 3.7 would be nice to cook up.

...and before people start yelling about "Oh no! Not a plan! We don't
need any stinkin' plans!" - I urge you to reconsider. A plan is nothing
more than a... "plan" :-) we aren't talking about 5-year plans here,
simply a way for us to articulate a couple of nice goals so that we have
at least an *idea* about what is going on. Then if we diverge from that
later on there is no harm.

I thought it worked pretty ok during the 3.6 iteration. Anyway, I am
posting a draft bullet list in a second.

regards, Göran