Idea: "Timeout" submissions?

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Oct 8 16:49:53 UTC 2003

> The initial value is that bug reports will not be forgotten.  Isn't that
> a clear improvement?
I think we're mixing up the term "forgotten". No bugs is or soon will be
forgotten in the sense that everything is archived along with the list.
The BFA fulfills that. But as far as humans and the processes that cause
Squeak to evolve are concerned, most  bugs not solved are effectively
forgotten within weeks or days.

So it isn't a clear improvement unless it causes humans to remember the
bugs and do something about them more effectively than now.

> As for processes, I think I answered that okay in my last message.  I
> think we should keep it extremely light and flexible.
Let me remind you -
> "Who will look at them".  Everyone.  :)  Okay, this is a serious issue
> and we need an answer that makes sense for Squeak.  We need to
> know who is going to keep track of bugs regarding various issues.
[snip]
> For now, just having a global list is much better than nothing.
I don't see any answer there. We have some requirements "the bugs should
be remembered, with state, with package association". But there is no
_process_ proposed, that these requirements would serve.

Daniel
PS - BFAV can fulfill all the requirements above, BTW, but I'm not
protecting it, that isn't the point. The point is that there is no basis
for comparing software unless you know what process its supposed to
serve.