[Special Report] 3.6 is out, now what? :-)

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Wed Oct 8 19:22:19 UTC 2003

Hi Martin,

> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote on 08.10.2003 16:05:57:
>>
>>5. Get Babel in and squeeze out a few translations. Already much on
>>the way.
>>
> I would like to suggest that _before_ doing any more work with
> internalization, we should switch to ISO-8859-1 or its windows
> superset. According to Ians table this would be the best fit for
> todays main operating systems:
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2003-
> February/053456.html

I don't agree at all.

Going to ISO-8859-1 (or WinISO) is ortogonal to the translation.  The
translation is full in the Smalltalk side and can work with MacRoman, ISO,
Unicode or the characterset you want.

If we want to move to ISO let's talk about moving to ISO but it doesn't
impact at all in the Babel's work.

> regards,
> Martin

Cheers,