[Special Report] 3.6 is out, now what? :-)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Oct 8 18:39:11 UTC 2003

And the list is growing. (which is okay)  Heck, even if we only get 2/3
of these things done, 3.7 will have some cool stuff in it. ;-)

I forgot to mention in my previous email about the 3.7 schedule.  I
would propose that we have a schedule more like the actual length of the
3.6 schedule -- 6 months, rather than the initial planned length of 4
months.  Also we could have the longer beta cycle as we had with 3.6 (6
weeks).

So basically, we'd have ~4 months of alpha, 6 weeks of beta, and 2 weeks
gamma.  3.7 release would be first Friday in 6 months, which would be
April 2nd.

If people thought that was too long, we could try 5 months.  But I think
4 months proved to be a bit rushed.

- Doug