[Special Report] 3.6 is out, now what? :-)

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Oct 8 22:25:40 UTC 2003

  Hello,

> I agree - m17n I also left out for someone else to put forward - partly
> because I don't know its status either. :-) And the parse node issue etc
> sounds - as you say - solvable.

  I'm shooting for OOPSLA and just splitting the changesets into a
few/handful ones.  The functionality is already there.
m17n36b-5395-3.sar plus three (or four) more incremental changesets.
After I did the rework on change sets, it should be easier to swap the
translation mechanism.

  As I wrote somewhere, I still want the Diego's translation stuff to
have the chained dictionary.  Otherwise, it should be relatively easy
to merge Diego's stuff and rest of m17n stuff.

  Beware that I'm going to propose, (err, I propose) to switch to
UTF-8 file out and latin-1 internal representation.  To maintain the
backward compatibility, we would want to have different fileout
suffixes.  (Also, I think that to increment classVersion of
ImageSegment and to squeakToIso the strings in the segment is
necessary.)

-- Yoshiki