[ENH] Display := when pretty printing ( [sm][et][er][cd] [approved] )

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Oct 10 11:26:42 UTC 2003

> Eh, what? The arrow IS the underscore! I don't understand what you are
> saying. :-)
>
> Just as long as I can use the arrow when I program I am happy. :-)

The arrow glyph is not on the keyboard. When I edit a piece of text
with my email editor there is no
arrow just underscore. Then even in Squeak when I have a code and I
change the font or the size I get a _

>> May be one of these days we should realize and leave enfancy....
>
> I don't agree. ":=" is two keys.

Sure but you can understan that other people hate this arrow.

>  I want one. And it looks prettier too
> (the arrow).

This is a question of taste.
Prettier sure in comic 16

> But pretty printing is of course more practical to use ":=" I assume.

My point is that this kind of wonderful legacy gives an wonderful
childish taste to Squeak
but we are just having fun and making nothing real so this is perfect.
Let us play.