Date, Time, ANSI and I17N

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 10 15:17:14 UTC 2003

Ingo Hohmann <uysl0l402 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> Another point is ANSI:
>
> ANSI states that dayOfWeek returns 1 for sunday, 2 for monday ..., but as
> far as I see, there is no way to _set_ the first day of a week in ANSI, so
> if we have a means to set the first day of week to monday, shouldn't this
> be used then?

The locale is normally used at the user interface, while #dayOfWeek
seems like an non-UI method.  So I would think #dayOfWeek should be left
alone.  Nice Internationalized applications will not simply dump
#dayOfWeek up to the user.

It would be nice to have a routine that counts weeks in the other way,
but it doesn't have to be this exact routine.

-Lex