[BUG] BFAV + question and problems with SM

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Oct 13 10:08:24 UTC 2003

Hi Stephane!

ducasse at iam.unibe.ch wrote:
[SNIP]
> Now if I downloaded and installed a package, when I do "install" why the
> file get downloaded another times? If I downloaded a package can I use
> the package loader to load it or should I use a file list.

In SM1 "install" always first downloads and then install. "download"
only downloads and then you can install it manually whichever way you
like. The reason for "install" to first do a download is due to the fact
that (in SM1) it can not know if the file currently on disk is the
"correct" one.

Note that a "proper cache" is included in SM2 *and* is coming to you
sooner than you may think (Daniel and I have concocted a SM Package
Loader which uses the new SM2 code on the client but can actually be
used with the old server). We still need a few days to test that though
before releasing this "half-way-to-SM2-client".

regards, Göran