Date, Time, ANSI and I17N

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Mon Oct 13 12:31:07 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:58:10PM +0200, Ingo Hohmann wrote:
> Another point is ANSI:
>
> ANSI states that dayOfWeek returns 1 for sunday, 2 for monday ..., but as
> far as I see, there is no way to _set_ the first day of a week in ANSI, so
> if we have a means to set the first day of week to monday, shouldn't this
> be used then?

Someone really need to look into all the suggested Date-related
Enhancements...

besides cronology and the ANSI changestes, there was this posted (only
9 Months ago... the harvesting process works really great it seems)

 "Change Set:		date fixes
 Date:			31 January 2003
 Author:			Stephan B Wessels

 By default weeks begin on Monday in Squeak and code exists to toggle between
 Sunday start
 and Monday start.  This change set adds a explicit setting methods for the
 start of week day.

 There were a few places in the code where proper adjustment to Sunday
 beginning weeks were not correct.  The Date #weekday math was corrected to
 account for Monday/Sunday week start.
 Month has a new #weeksInMonth method.
 Week #indexInMonth: method was also fixed.

 Note that the MonthMorph still works correctly since it coded around this.
 Wrote some SUnit tests for Date and Week.

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de