[BUG]CodeLoader(Object)>>error: - Trying to use a startup script in 3.6

Nick Brown nickbrown at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 13 14:13:15 UTC 2003

Hi folks.

Ok, my first attempt at mailing a bug to the list. . .

This morning I finally had time to take a look at 3.6, and downloaded
Squeak3.6-5424-basic.image (+ changes) from the ftp site. After unpacking
it into a new folder and copying across the sources and vm (Win32 from 11
April), and making sure that it would load correctly (it did), I quit and
tried running it again - this time with a script supplied as a command
line argument. The image loaded, and I got a pink error notification
saying 'No content to install'. To ensure that there was nothing funny in
my script (which loads my ususal preferences, changesets etc) I replaced
it with a much simpler script which simply reads:

Smalltalk inform: 'hi there'.

I'm running this with the following command:
squeak squeak3.6-5424-basic.image myscript.st

which produces exactly the same error. I've confirmed that these script
works fine in my usual 3.5 (update 5150) image when run in the same way.

Could it be that Squeak is attempting to file-in the script rather than
run it? I had a look through classes CodeLoader and ProjectLauncher, but
it doesn't look to me like any methods have been changed in there for
quite a while. Any ideas what might be broken?

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Nick Brown

13 October 2003 12:50:52 pm

VM: Win32 - Squeak3.5 of '11 April 2003' [latest update: #5180]
Image: Squeak3.6 [latest update: #5424]

CodeLoader(Object)>>error:
	Receiver: a CodeLoader
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aString: 	'No content to install'
	Receiver's instance variables:
		baseURL: 	''
		sourceFiles: 	#(a HTTPRequest)
		segments: 	nil
		publicKey: 	nil

CodeLoader>>installSourceFile:
	Receiver: a CodeLoader
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aStream: 	nil
		contents: 	nil
		trusted: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables:
		baseURL: 	''
		sourceFiles: 	#(a HTTPRequest)
		segments: 	nil
		publicKey: 	nil

[] in CodeLoader>>installSourceFiles
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		req: 	a HTTPRequest

Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
	Receiver: #(a HTTPRequest)
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aBlock: 	[] in CodeLoader>>installSourceFiles
		index: 	1
		indexLimiT: 	1
	Receiver's instance variables:
#(a HTTPRequest)