[ENH] Display := when pretty printing (please fix typos, etc.)

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Tue Oct 14 04:55:13 UTC 2003

Hi, Brent,

Nice.  But the fileout has a typo in the balloon help for the new
preference, which should be fixed before this is harvested.  (I see
that Stephane already affixed an [approved] tag, but hopefully this
won't keep you from fixing up the fileout and resubmitting it.)

And while you're correcting that typo you could also correct the one
in the preamble.

And also, perhaps, it would be good to give the file a name suitable
for harvesting.  This makes Doug's work easier.  The name should not
exceed 26 characters.  Though we have no formally published
guidelines for update names, the dominant convention has been to
start with a lower-case character, optionally include a version
number (which will be stripped when the fileout is ultimately
published,) and end with a "-" followed by the author's initials,
followed by ".cs".

In this example, a suitable file-name might be:

	ansiAssignmentOp-brp.2.cs

Should the file-version-number (e.g. the ".2" above) be included in
code being circulated on the Squeak list?  Arguably yes, because
often multiple versions of a fileout will be circulated before final
approval, as hopefully will happen in this case, and it's good to
include all of them in the same thread on bfav with a minimum of
ambiguity about which is the right file.

And finally, it would be good if you would harmonize the file-name
with the change-set-name in the preamble.

Cheers,

   --  Scott