[ENH] Display := when pretty printing ( [sm][et][er][cd][approved] )

Hernan Tylim htylim at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Oct 15 15:39:56 UTC 2003

Hi.
	I have a suggestion and I would like to know what you all think about.

	What about having a Squeakding fonts (like the Webdings or Windings fonts
with symbols on Windows) with the left,up arrows and whatever other symbols
we would like to use, and use that font when pretty-printing the assignment
and return operator in the browsers ?

	What we would gain is that we could have whatever font we like and we
wouldn't lose the left and up arrow while coding.

note: as a little proof of concept I tried to make a changeset that modified
the AssignmentNode>>printOn:indent: to use a Text instance that I hold in
TextConstants instead of the hardcoded '_' string. That Text instance has a
FontReference attribute to change the font to NewYork while the default font
I am using is Verdana. I said I tried because it didn't work. if someone
knows how can I make it work I will thank him very much.

TIA

Regards
Hernan