Subject: [BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #stringIndex

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Oct 16 00:26:04 UTC 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 04:38 PM, Daniel Altman wrote:
>
>     Hi!
>

>     I started with a fresh 3.6 full image and installed the following
>     packages (in this order):
>
>                 FileList2 Dialog Enhacements
>
>                 Refactoring Browser
>
>                 ParenBlinking
>
>                 Completion Enhacements
>
>                 TestBrowser
>
>                 BrowseUnit
>
>                 ShrinkingSelection
>

>     Now, everytime I press ")" I get the following error:
>
> I expect this is a conflict between ParenBlinking and either Completion
> Enhancements or Shrinking Selection (or maybe the combination of the two).
>
> What happens if you only load one or the other of those?
>
> Avi

He's one step better than me in any case.  I was trying to get
ShrinkingSelection into a 3.6 image this afternoon and it doesn't even
file in.  Something trying to add a method to Paragraph which doesn't
seem to exist in the system.

No idea if it's just a line-ending problem in the file or some conflict
with another package (I do have PArenBlinking in there) or what... spent
a few minutes looking and then couldn't justify the time to spend on it.
<shrug>

Julian