Missing emaisl

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Thu Oct 16 10:28:18 UTC 2003

I can't speak as to exactly what the specific problem is here.

But about 2 months ago the Squeak list almost completely disappeared for
me. I lost it for about 3-4 weeks.

After about 4 days or so I signed up under a new email address with my
other ISP. It received everything successfully.

I contacted my original ISP to complain about the problem. They told me
they installed passive spam rbl software. Because of the problems they
discontinued its use.

About this time I went to
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/listinfo/squeak-dev
and looked at my options at the bottom.

Then I saw this message at the top of the options page.

"""
We have received some recent bounces from your address. Your current
bounce score is 4.0 out of a maximum of 5.0. Please double check that
your subscribed address is correct and that there are no problems with
delivery to this address. Your bounce score will be automatically reset
if the problems are corrected soon.
"""

So apparently the spam software was unfriendly to friend and foe.

Maybe someone in charge of your mail servers is doing something to
combat spam and its affecting your reception of the squeak list.

Can't say, just relaying some of my experience.
During this process I experienced both what Andreas and Stef describe.

You might try contacting your mail server admin.

Jimmie