setting up my own update server

John Voiklis voiklis at redfigure.org
Fri Oct 17 07:17:58 UTC 2003

Hello all,

I am having a great deal of trouble setting up a workgroup update server for
3.6gamma. I have diligently followed the instructions on the Swiki
(http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/486). I created an updates directory and
file on a server acessible by http and ftp, then completed and filed-in the
sample code below. Nonetheless, I am plagued with errors: whenever I try to
broadcast updates, it complains that either it cannot find the directory, it
cannot enter passive mode, or it cannot reach the server.

Any help would be much appreciated,

John

| aa gg |
aa _ ServerDirectory new.
aa server: 'name of server'; directory: 'path to the updates folder';
	user: 'account name'; password: nil.
Smalltalk at: #UpdatesAtMySite put: aa.
gg _ Association key: 'My own Update Server'
		value: (Array with: aa).
aa groupName: gg.

Utilities updateUrlLists add: #('My own Update Server'
	('the URL to the updates directory without the "updates/" ')).