Balloon/Wonderland: saving actors, transparent textures, polygon mode?

Nicholas Bennett nicholasjbennett at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 17 08:04:12 UTC 2003

hi,

I started playing around with the wonderland stuff, I got HW acceleration
working and matched display depths. I was making things 'walk', making
terrain, playing with the scripting. I had a few questions:

* There is lots of info on importing .mdl files to create actors. The Pooh
objects are fun - but how could I save them? I can find no refs or methods
that look like a they save actors to a file. It's a shame, you can make cute
actors but there seems no way to save them? should I just settle down and
write a .mdl saving method myself? or am I missing something obvious?

* I cannot get transparent textures to be transparent. The transparent part
just comes out black. Is it supposed to work? is there a 'magic switch' I am
missing?

* the WonderlandActor polygonMode is nice. For me it only works in HW acc
mode, is that expected? The associated line width and point size methods
don't seem to have any effect. This is kind of idle speculation, but I could
imagine using this functionality for 'cursors' or to support making some
simple modeling tools.

anyway having fun with it, appreciate any advice anyone has

regards,
nicholas