How to "execute" only one project

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Oct 17 10:16:11 UTC 2003

Milan Zimmermann <milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Furst I realize this is probably not the right list to ask this question but I
> could not decide which of the Squeak lists is for "general squeak help"
> questions. (If someone points me to the right list I will post it there.)

General squeak is probably here. :-)

> With my kids, we have built a simple project - an Aquarium with a fish that
> moves around. They would like to turn this into a screensaver (SuSE Linux). I
> believe the "Squeak specific" steps would be:
>
> 	1) Hide or get rid of all non-display objects on the screen such as flaps,
> scripts etc. I think we can figure this out.

In the World menu (right click on desktop) there is "Show shared flaps".
Uncheck.

> 	2) Somehow "export" Aquarium project to "Aquarium.pr" and then run

Under desktop+leftclick->projects->save project on local file only.

> squeak Aquarium.pr
>
> However, there seems to be no such option ... do I need to copy the whole
> image and run

Eh, well - the best way with the fastest startup is probably to prepare
an image with the project active and running and then just "save as...".

> squeak MyCopiedImage
>
> or is there another, more sane  way?

You *can* make the image to load the project on startup, but since this
is to be a screensave I assume it should start as fast as possible (and
without funny things happening in the beginning, like som progress
indicator flashing by when loading project etc).

regards, Göran