Simple question

robert boulanger robert at zope-europe.org
Sun Oct 19 09:34:54 UTC 2003

Hi folks,

I have a simple beginner question, hopefully somebody is able to gevi me
a hint:
I'm able to write ST Code via the System Browser, I'm able to build up
nice GUIS in a graphical way and via the E-Toys Tiles and so on. But
there one thing I'm missing and I can't find so far, although I studied
now tons of lectures. It's a pretty easy thing:
Lets assume  I build up a little GUI, lets say a playfield with a button
in it and a TextMorph. I  put some code into that button via the halo
which does something with the TextMorphs Content, and all is doing well.
Now the question: How can I manage it to become this playfield object
with it's submorphs into the system Browser for further editing. If I
choose the menu "creta subclass" I'll find the playfield in there thats
right, and I also can select "Add new morph"  via the world menu to
reinstanciate it somewhere in the world, but only without the submorphs.
In short I can't find the way I have to go when I have drawn the GUI for
my program, to assign code to it. Using only the E-Toys by dragging
tiles around is not really what I prefer, where can I find the "whole
thing" ? On the other hand writing classes by hand and  building up the
GUI by code isn't comfortable as well, for building up the GUI I would
prefer to "draw" it, but where can  I find then the whole code for that
newly created object ?
Maybe thats a really silly question, for experienced users, maybe I
haven't got the right idea of making apps in Squeeak yet or maybe I
don't see something which is pretty clear, nevertheless thats a point
where I stuck now, every help and hint is welcome.

Thanks in advance

-Robert