MorphLayoutArticle

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Oct 21 07:40:51 UTC 2003

Hi Trygve!

Trygve Reenskaug <trygver at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
> I'm getting into morphic and I like what I see.
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2141 says
> "Please read the excellent dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on
> Bob's SuperSwiki.
>
> I go there and find MorphLayoutArticle.018.pr.
>
> What's a .pr-file?

It's *technically* an ImageSegment - simply a part of object memory.
>From a user's point of view it is a "Project" - check the class comment
for class Project.

Class ImageSegment also has a class comment btw. ImageSegments are quite
cool - they are created using parts of the GC implementation. Are pretty
fast to create and are brutally fast to load back into the image. Sort
of dlls on steroids. :-)

On the Squeak Swiki there are some recipes I wrote a while back on how
to use them outside of the context of .pr files.

> Where can I find a program that interprets it? I've

As the others noted - Filelist has code to load them.

> tried decoding it using Scamper. It believes that it may be a project - but
> fails when trying to decode it.

Hmmm, how does it fail? IIRC Scamper should be able to load them. But I
am not sure.

> thanks
> --Trygve

regards, Göran