[BUG][Unix] ctime and mtime entries swapped in DirectoryEntry

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Oct 23 02:05:53 UTC 2003

David T. Lewis wrote:

> Ned, is there a specific problem you are trying to solve? I think we may be
> getting into an "is it a feature or is it a bug" discussion relative to
> Squeak's interpretation of a unix file system, but setting that aside for
> the moment, is there anything we can help you with?

I was looking at some old files that I have on a filesystem that's
mounted read-only. And the ordering of the files in the file list (and
the dates) did not agree with the result of "ls -lt", as they have done
for me in the past (I seem to remember). Instead I was seeing the ctime
values.

When I swapped the two numbers I saw dates that agreed with the ls -lt
listing.