ATI 350M graphics chip

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Thu Oct 23 14:53:34 UTC 2003

  Hello,

  A colleague of mine was trying to run Croquet on HP nc4000 but
colors in a gradation in TMorphic project get reduced and resulted in
ugly banding.  The same project looks fine when it runs normally, so
I'm guessing the texture handling on the hardware is doing something
wrong.

  I did a little web search and came across this page:

http://www.rage3d.com/radeon/reg/index3.shtml

  It sounds like there is a utility software that switches "Quality"
vs. "Performance" setting, but I couldn't find such utility.  Also, if
I use right model number for "xxxx" part mentioned in this page, it
should work, but I couldn't figure out what is the appropriate string
for ATI 350M.

  Does anyone know such utility, or the string to be used in registry
setting?

  Thank you,

-- Yoshiki