Exploring Zope and ZPatterns [WEB] [IDEA]

azazel azazel at lizard.homelinux.net
Thu Oct 23 19:23:27 UTC 2003

> I'd like to get your attention about ZPatterns, a Zope framework..
>
> The first stable releas of Zope popped up around the 1999,
> so Zope is not so "young".
>
> First the bad news: in my own opinion Zope is difficult to understand
> and use, at
> least at the first impact and for non-geeks.
> Security is good but not strong: you can always install a malicious
> Product (zope name for applications) which dismiss your site ;(

it's like running malicious code in every situation, even in squeak

> You must know Python.
> You must know well how use object oriented db.

no, it depend on what "architecture" do you plan to use, to develop you app

> The ZPatterns are a zope app/framwork for decoupling
> View, Data Model, Data Aggregation, Data Access (via SQL/OO DB)

If you found the ideao of ZPatterns attractive, take a look at AdaptablePersistence

http://hathaway.freezope.org/Software/Ape

It's a framework to map python objects over any kind of persistence, RDBMS, normal
filesystems and maybe subversion.

ciao

Alberto